Dependable Atlanta Law Firm Explains Your Bankruptcy Options
Personal bankruptcy lawyers offer Atlanta residents debt relief
Due to a historically bad economy, folks in Georgia are more indebted than ever. At DebtStoppers in Atlanta, we see clients every day who are staggering under the weight of:
- Home mortgages
- Credit cards
- Medical bills
- Debts resulting from unemployment and underemployment
If you feel that you are in a financial free fall, a carefully crafted bankruptcy plan can keep you from falling deeper into debt.
Bankruptcy has helped thousands of Georgians
Every day, responsible Georgians are waking up to the realization that only bankruptcy can rid them of crippling debt and restore their peace of mind. You may already have heard from friends, family, neighbors and coworkers who have filed Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy to protect their homes, discharge their debt and get a fresh start. There's no reason you shouldn't also take advantage of the legal protections you're entitled to under bankruptcy.
Is bankruptcy the right path forward for you?
Bankruptcy is not a step to take lightly. But if your debts are beyond your control, you owe it to yourself and your family to explore whether you're a good candidate for this form of relief. Take an honest look at your financial problems:
- Are you late or delinquent on your mortgage payments?
- Do you struggle just to meet the monthly minimum payment on your high credit card balances?
- Do you jump when the phone rings, thinking it's another collection call?
- Are you concerned about your car being repossessed?
- Does your mind fixate on your debt throughout the day?
- Are worries about debt robbing you of sleep?
- Does your debt-to-income ratio indicate that without real help, you'll carry this debt for the rest of your life?
If your answer to most of these questions was "yes," you owe it to yourself to get solid information on the costs and benefits of personal bankruptcy. At DebtStoppers, a qualified and experienced attorney can provide you with a Free Debt Analysis. During your one-on-one meeting, your DebtStoppers bankruptcy attorney can answer all your questions, including:
- Will filing for bankruptcy ruin my credit score?
- Can filing for bankruptcy really stop all those collection calls?
- Do I lose all my possessions when I file for bankruptcy?
- Shouldn't I try less drastic alternatives, like debt consolidation loans or credit counseling before I file for bankruptcy?
Get solid information on Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Georgia
There are two basic options for consumers who seek bankruptcy protection. Chapter 7 allows a consumer to discharge unsecured debt, most often from credit cards and medical bills. Since Chapter 7 is a liquidation bankruptcy, it's best for those who don't have major assets to protect, although state and federal exemptions do offer a great deal of asset protection. If you have a home with considerable equity and a steady job, but can't make your high mortgage payments, then filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy could save your home from foreclosure. Our personal bankruptcy lawyers can assess your unique financial situation and make recommendations that suit your needs.
Start on the path to financial freedom today
Call now to speak with an Atlanta DebtStoppers attorney about your bankruptcy options. Call us today at 678-673-2142 or contact us online for a free consultation.