Atlanta Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorneys
Our attorneys help consumers reorganize and reduce their debts
Having trouble paying the monthly bills? Are you behind on your mortgage payments? Are you in foreclosure? An Atlanta Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan can be the answer. A Chapter 13 plan can:
- Stop mortgage foreclosure and make your house affordable again
- Take wage garnishments off your paycheck
- Stop repossession and get back your car or truck
- Lower — or eliminate — credit card, medical, IRS and most other debt
- Stop phone calls from creditors
- Give your family a fresh start
Unlike a Chapter 7, which is designed for those with no large assets such as a house to protect, Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Georgia is a payment plan. In a Chapter 13, you make monthly payments directly to the bankruptcy trustee for a specified period, usually 3 years.
An experienced DebtStoppers attorney can answer all your questions. Generally speaking, if you have a home you want to protect, or you earn more than the average for your area, you may be a good candidate for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
A Chapter 13 stops all creditor collection — including mortgage foreclosure — with what Georgia bankruptcy law calls the "automatic stay." This provision gives you protection from creditors while your bankruptcy attorney works out a payment plan that best fits your unique circumstance.
Instead of paying the full amount you owe, in a Chapter 13 your payments are determined by what you can actually afford. More information is available in the sections described below:
- Debunking three popular myths about Chapter 13
- Can Chapter 13 stop Atlanta mortgage foreclosure?
- How does the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process in Georgia work?
- What are the requirements for filing Chapter 13 in Georgia?
If your bills are taking over your life, bankruptcy protection in Atlanta can be your financial reset button.
Contact an Atlanta Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer and take your first step toward a debt-free future
A DebtStoppers Atlanta Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney will meet with you one-on-one for free and show you what a bankruptcy plan could do for your family. Just call the DebtStoppers at 678-673-2142 or fill out our simple online form and we'll contact you.