Atlanta Bankruptcy Attorneys Offering Practical and Effective Relief
Are you struggling with these debt problems?
- Stop Foreclosure. Save Your Home — Filing bankruptcy prevents your mortgage lender from foreclosing on your home. Under Chapter 13, you can reorganize your debt into a manageable repayment plan, including low monthly payments that allow you to keep your home.
- Stop Repossession. Get Your Car or Truck Back. Lower Your Payment — A bankruptcy plan stops car or truck repossession. If you act quickly, it can even get your repossessed vehicle back — and even get your car payment lowered. Our Atlanta-based attorneys can help you keep your possessions and take back your financial life
- Stop Credit Card Debt. Repair Your Credit — As your debt-to-income ratio grows, your credit score declines. Your lenders respond by tightening your credit and raising your interest rates. Filing for bankruptcy can actually reverse this trend, as you begin to take the necessary steps to repair your credit.
- Stop Creditor Harassment — As soon as you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, the bankruptcy court grants you Automatic stay protection. This orders your creditors to back off. They can't contact you directly and can only attempt to collect on your debts through the bankruptcy court. The automatic stay effectively eliminates harassing phone calls and other collection tactics. In fact, when creditors ignore this court order, you may be able to sue them for damages!
- Keep Your Possessions — You may think that filing for bankruptcy will force you to sell everything you own. Nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, bankruptcy helps you hold onto important items like your home, your car, your retirement plan — even your cash.
Choose the most decisive remedy for your debt
"Why do so many Atlanta homeowners end up in foreclosure even with a mortgage modification? Because mortgage modification can't save enough to make a difference. A bankruptcy plan can save your home because it will save you hundreds, — even thousands more per month than a mortgage modification will. If you want to save your home, total monthly savings is the answer. Bankruptcy works."
Robert J. Semrad, Senior Partner – DebtStoppers